Form printing via Internet Explorer

Home Forum General Form printing via Internet Explorer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Peanuts890 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Peanuts890
    Participant

Whenever I try to print a form using the Internet Explorer print facility I get a small image in the top left hand corner of the paper. I also use this facilty during form development to print layouts, workflows, etc.

This used to work okay – it also works on some other colleagues’ computers and not on others. Don’t know when it stopped working properly, PerfectForms update, IE update or what. Have tried changing preferences, printer asettings, IE setting, everything our IT dept can suggest. Printing other web pages through IE aseems okay. Looks like a combination of PerfectForms/IE/my pc settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

CJ Hines
    Participant

When using the print option within Perfectforms you may get different results on different computers depending on which version of Adobe that computer has. Our print option utilizes Adobe in order to print. Try updating your Adobe on the computers that are having the issue. If your Adobe is already updated or if it automatically updates then you should try a different version of Adobe.

Cheers

Peanuts890
    Participant

Thanks for your response. The problem is not to do with printing from within PerfectForms. I have many forms where I have added a print facility on the form and they work okay.

The problem is trying to print using the Internet Explorer print facility. We have some forms without the Perfectforms print function, I try to print layouts, workflows, etc. during form design, all of which used to work on my machine and have now been reduced to a small image in the top left corner of the page. I have even printed the dashboard screen (for a tutorial)and that is now reduced to the small image.

Trying this on a colleague’s machine still works okay. I think the issue is related to PerfectForms use of Internet Explorer but only on my machine and a couple of others. Have tried all the permutations of printer setups and preferences both in the printer and Internet Explorer options. This used to work and has now changed – don’t know when, whether with a Perfectforms update, Internet Explorer update or an associated update like Java, etc.

Since it works okay on other colleague’s machines, I don’t think it is purely a PerfectForms issue – hoped some of your other forum readers may have experienced the same thing

Thanks

Anonymous

I have a user at our shop who is experiencing the same thing. She doesn’t have a client license so she goes in when a form is assigned to her. She is now getting the small print as described above when attempting to use IE web print functionality and printing to an HP printer. Ironically, we tried routing her print to one of our Xerox print stations and rather than the very small print, she got extremely large print that could only print the upper left corner of the form on the page! All other web printing works fine from her laptop.

As with Peanuts890, our IT and helpdesk areas have exhausted their efforts to resolve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CJ Hines
    Participant

This sounds like a problem with IE print settings. I believe you aren’t using the ‘shrink to fit’ option. This has nothing to do with PerfectForms. If you use the print preview option within IE you can see the difference when using the ‘shrink to fit’ option. If you are inside the application and using our print feature then PerfectForms controls how the page prints out.

Peanuts890
    Participant

Not sure if anyone other than tsyrell understands this problem. It is not as simple as being an IE print settings problem. If I print this forum page from IE it prints okay, that is full size on the paper setting. So it’s not PerfectForms in isolation. It only appears to be when when printing using IE and our local forms server. Again I can stress that other colleagues don’t have the problem. So now it appears to be my PC, my copy of IE and my connection to our forms server.

Anzelc

PerfectForms is not optimized for printing through IE or any browser. Part of the advantage of using a workflow application like PerfectForms is to reduce the dependency on paper and printing.

A few suggestions:

If you want to print a form, add a print object to the form. In preview mode you can then print, rendering as a PDF.

If you want to print a workflow from design, you should use a screen capture utility to print.

Aaron@PerfectForms

Peanuts890
    Participant

Thanks for your response. Using screen capture is the workaround I have been using for printing workflow designs etc. Will put this one down to “one of these things”.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.