Help with filters

Home Forum Reporting Help with filters

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  davids 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

davids
    Participant

Here’s an example of what I’m trying to do: Form A has text inputs for day of the week, year, and number of work hours. In my Report, I want to sum the work hours for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday simultaneously, showing the results in 3 separate reporting objects at the same time (could be in Value, Bar Chart, Data List, etc. objects). I also want to be able to switch between years.

I currently have the Report setup with 3 different data-sources, all pointing to the same Form, but each with a filter for the day of the week (which is defined in the pop-up dialog for setting up the data-source). I’m trying to associate a Value object with each data-source, and make them sum the values in the text input field for work hours. I’m getting an error message when I preview the report: “The aggregation cannot be applied to a field”.

Thinking ahead though, I don’t know how I’ll be able to switch years without having 3 different Filter Selectors. Looks like you can’t make one Filter Selector affect more than one data-source.

I must be going about this in the wrong way. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

ijobling
    Participant

the message : “The aggregation cannot be applied to a field”. is saying that you can’t do that ‘math’ on this type of data. and if you are collecting this data in a TEXT field this could be part of your problem. if you need to do things like ‘sum’ then you need to work on numerical fields as a rule.

As to the filtering, yes, the filter selector can only be set to one data source, and where here, you have 3 different datasources, it won’t do what you need. Have a look though at the options in how you can use the SetFilter behaviour under a button on your report perhaps (you can have 3 seperate SetFilter actions to each of your datasources for instance) and where (if working on numerical or date fields) can set filters to show specific ranges of dates. You can also then use the ClearFilter behaviour to reset filters before applying any new filtering as well if required

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.