Hide fields in a connect and search command

Home Forum General Hide fields in a connect and search command

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  trhymer 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

trhymer
    Participant

I am wanting to use the connect and search command on a form. The command has 6 send parameters. However, i want to prefill 4 of those parameters and not allow the user to change them. The user should only be able to enter text in the other 2. Is there a way to get hide any of the search parameters when the connect and search prompt opens up?

This connect and search command is querying ldap, so the 4 filters i dont want the user to change are to ensure the query only returns valid ad users.

(!initials=XXX)

(!objectClass=group)

(!userAccountControl=514)

(!userAccountControl=66050)

These will mean nothing to the user, and I don’t want to confuse them so id like it if they just didnt see them.

ijobling
    Participant

If you do not check the ‘search’ check box in the Send parameter field it will not be presented to the user. You can still set these parameters either statically (ie type in what you want to to send into the query) or from a form field

and in the same way, if you do not check the ‘show’ check box in the Return parameter the user shouldn’t see that in the pop up when they have run their search but you can still write that information back to the form fields as required

tmrhymer
    Participant

Perfect, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.