Highlighting fields on a report

Home Forum Reporting Highlighting fields on a report

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dmcroberts
    Participant

I currently have a client request, to set up a form or report to view active jobs open on their schedule form. This information is stored on my SQL DB with an associated DATETIME field for expected completion, and the data is also held in a field on the form itself.

The client has requested that for each stage, the data retrieved should highlight the completion time in Green if on schedule, Orange if due to expire within 2 hours and Red if it has exceeded expected completion time.

I have tried pulling the data to a list from the form field to a report and a table from the database on a form, but I cant seem to find a way to check individual fields againts the current date/time to change the background of a single field within the report/table.

I can achieve this if I am pulling a single form instance, but the client needs to be able to see all, (up to 10 concurrent jobs), simultaneously, and it would be ideal if it could be in a report.

Is there any way this can be achieved?

Reporting objects are not available for use in formulas/behaviors. You will have to use a form and a form connection. Populate a hidden table with all jobs for a given date. Filter the table for your first parameter (on schedule), then copy all rows of the relevant column to all rows of a green table. Then do the same for Red and Orange. You can even have the meta links in a hidden column and use a button column that when pressed open the relevant instance (using the meta link).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.