How can I set up a behavior to change drop down menu data?

Home Forum Behaviors How can I set up a behavior to change drop down menu data?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I would like to have the selected data in one dropdown menu change the data in another drop down menu. How can I accomplish this?

ijobling
    Participant

Look at the Set Selection items action.

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/set_selection_items.htm?zoom_highlightsub=set%2Bselection

Depending on your exact requirements you may run a behaviour on the Drop Down changes field data event, and then with a multiple branch action, define the conditions to identify the selection the user has made, with the appropriate Set Selection item actions

MABrown
    Participant

I have a related question; is it possible to have the “Set Selection Items” action reference another field to populate the list or drop-down?

My form is importing a list from directory services as a delimited string. I want to parse the string to populate a list with each item. I was going to setup a loop that would advance through the list to set index values, which would then be used to select each item, but I am not sure how to populate the list since I don’t know the items ahead of time.

ijobling
    Participant

Afraid it isn’t possible at this time

adjuvi
    Participant

Apologies if this is the same question as MABrown, but I’m trying to execute a suggestion I got via a phone call.

Page 1 has a Checkbox Group of 14 elements. Page 2 has a ranking box. I would like to populate the ranking box (captions) with the labels of checkboxes selected on Page 1.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

ijobling
    Participant

Hi. afraid it is the same sort of question and it isn’t possible at this time.

having said that, what was this ‘suggestion’ you were given? if you would like to contact us via the support ticket form we’d be happy to look at the detail of this suggestion in case there may be something specific that could help you here.

adjuvi
    Participant

Thanks for the response. The suggestion was to use the “Set Fields” behavior, although the “Set Selection Items” looked promising. If I had a short list, I could see this working, but with a select-all-that-apply question on 14 choices, the permutations could be huge. I’ll give the support ticket approach a try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.