How to set text in Text object to that of another Text object

Home Forum Laying out a Form How to set text in Text object to that of another Text object

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a form with two Text objects. The first one is empty and the other one contains text. When a button is pressed, I want the first text box to be loaded with content from the second text box.

Set Field can not be used on Text objects, so I’m trying to use Set Property “Text” to the value of the second Text object. It won’t show up in the list and I can’t think of another way to do it.

I can’t just type the text in the first field because my situation is actually more complex than above – I’m populating the first Text field dynamically (from 25 possible Text fields). I have to use Text objects because I need to use html to insert links in the fields. I’m sure there is an easy way to do this, but I can’t figure it out!

So overall my question is “How can I set the text of one Text object to that of another Text object?”

If you are populating the text fields dynamically why not create a corresponding hidden text input field and populate it at the same time? Then you could use that field as the source.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Anonymous

Thanks, that worked! I didn’t realize that the HTML code could be transferred through text input objects, that’s awesome. I just had to check the HTML box on the Text object and the link rendered correctly.

Thanks again!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.