IIS

Home Forum General IIS

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

Can we use IIS instead of Apache Tomcat 6.

thnx.

ijobling
    Participant

if you mean to run the connection agent, no.. but Tomcat will install on a Windows server where you already have IIS installed and working. You would just need to define in the installation of Tomcat a port to use that your websites are not using.

Check out Apache’s website where all this is explained and also there is ‘help’ and FAQ’s available as well

Anonymous

Hi,

I have installed Tomcat on Windows Server 2008 and my IIS is working perfectly there.

And i gave a different port i.e 80 which is not used by any other websites.But still im facing the same problem.

Is there any other way to install connection agent.

thnx,

ijobling
    Participant

You need Tomcat installed and working to then install the connection agent.

what is the problem though ? if it is ‘unable to start service’ then consider that it may be a permission issue or some security setting in Windows Server 2008 stopping you. The Server event log should give you more detail to the problem but also look at how you can ‘google’ such things. I can see searching for ‘Windows 2008 Server Tomcat’ brings up a number of entries. They all seem to be referring to the default ‘settings’ in Windows 2008 which based on your earlier post would seem to be your problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.