Image Import

Home Forum Laying out a Form Image Import

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Can someone give me a scenario where they would use image import? I don’t quite understand its functionality. I’m wondering if I can use it to have a user accessing a form in Miami to upload an image to our server in DC. I don’t know if that is possible because I really don’t understand the object. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan, the scenario you suggested would be a good example. Have you tried the object? It will also allow you to connect to a peripheral device like a scanner and scan in an image or search your network for a stored image. Give it a try

Anonymous

I have used it and I can see the picture or uploaded file (using the file attachment object) from the dashboard, but I’m not sure where this gets stored on our server. Is the uploaded picture only available from the PerfectForms dashboard, or can it be accessed from a Windows directory as well?

ijobling
    Participant

Ryan. The file/images you upload to your forms are uploaded and stored within the application database. If you want to store this externally, then look at the API for this.

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/api.htm

The image import object only works with Internet Explorer. There is another method of bringing an image into an instance that works with all browsers.

The behavior involves using a file attachment object. When the object changes data, use a set property behavior object to change the property of a picture object to the value of the attachment object.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.