"Invalid request parameters" error

Home Forum General "Invalid request parameters" error

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pmeidinger
    Participant

I have a user that’s getting the following message in a form:

An error has occurred.

Invalid request parameters

I can’t reproduce the error myself, and he’s the only one that’s reported it. I’m guessing it’s happening during a Connect behavior. What could cause this?

The connect behavior is probably calling a database (SQL?). If the DB column has a specific value type (numeric, date, time, string, etc…) and the parameter being sent does not match that type this error will be seen. You will need to audit what values are being sent when that user is in the form.

pmeidinger
    Participant

I’ve found the problem. The Connect behavior is an calling an UPDATE action. When the user enters a percent sign (‘%’) in one of the Text Input fields that is part of the UPDATE, the error occurs. Sounds like a bug in the Connection Agent. How do we get around this, aside from not entering percent signs in our form?

pmeidinger
    Participant

Thanks, Dennis. Usually when that happens I get an SQL error saying “unable to convert varchar to numeric” or the like. I’ll look at what’s being sent to the DB and see if there’s a type mismatch somewhere, though.

Version 2.1 of the Connection Agent should have fixed that problem. What version are you using?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.