Is there a limit to the number of Connect Behaviours that can be loaded?

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Is there a limit to the number of Connect Behaviours that can be loaded?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Debello 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Laura Debello
    Participant

* I have a Drop Down field (Employees Names) that has a Connect Integration command set to the behaviour “when the field is shown”, that gets a list of names from a csv file connection.

* I also have a Text field (Company address) that also has a Connect Integration command set to the behaviour “when the field is shown”, that gets an address from a form connection.

* If I have both fields on the form at the same time, only one of them is populated. But if I remove either the one that remains populates correctly.

* The connections work correctly as I have tested them individually, but as soon as a introduce a second Connect Integration command for a second field to the behaviour when a field is shown, only one works.

* I have a third field (employee type) that also has a Connect Integration command but this occurs for the behaviour “when the Data is changed” when the emplyee name is chosen in the first drop down field. This works fine too. It is going to the same csv file, but it is not happening at the “when is shown” event.

* The reason that I have one connection type to a csv file and the other to the form, is because I previously had two fields accessing the csv file “when is shown” and it wasn’t working so I thought that if I changed the data source it might help.

Is there some way of being able to load multiple fields from one Connect Integration command at the same behaviour, such as “when is shown”?

ijobling
    Participant

Laura

Where you have these actions running on seperate ‘when field is shown’ events, you could be in a situation here where they are both trying to run at the same time and the agent cant serve both.

reading how you seem to want these fields to populate when the form is being loaded, look at setting up these 2 actions on the ‘when form is opened’ event, one after the other, or if they are on seperate pages, you could run one on the ‘when form is opened’ and the other on the ‘when page is opened’ for that specific page to ‘spread the load’.

you could do the same on one of these fields ‘when is shown’ if you wanted, it would do the same thing, have one action joined to the other one, but a better technique generally is to run such ‘preload data from…’ actions when the form opens, or that specific page is opened and then the actions you want to run based on a users selection as you have done on the ‘when data is changed’

Hope it helps

Laura Debello
    Participant

I’ll give your suggestions a go and let you know how I went.

Laura Debello
    Participant

The problem that I had encountered above only occurs with CSV connections. As soon as I turned this into a database connection, the issue went away. CSV connections can only be accessed by one “user” at a time, as the “user” locks the file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.