join string of numbers

Home Forum General join string of numbers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there a way to join a string of numbers in the formula without adding them together?

Example: I am making id’s to separate forms in sql by year (2011) and month (08). The function year will make it 2011 and the function month will make it 08… but when I join them in a formula it applies addition to the string = 2019 total instead of 201108.

I will not take offense if you don’t reply…I just thought I would ask.

ajobling
    Keymaster

In your example you could use a formula to create your result; something like (Year * 100) + Month. This will give the calculation 201100 + 8 = 201108.

However this is only possible because you know the format and length of the data being input.

If you want to ‘join’ numbers where you don’t know the format then you could check one of the example forms in the help documentation. This is one of several useful examples that are worth checking out when you get a chance.

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?fl_joining_numbers_example.htm

You can try the example out and will also be able to download a copy of the form to see the behavior used.

Anonymous

Thanks for the information! It should work great for what I am doing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.