Limit places for a conference booking form

Home Forum Behaviors Limit places for a conference booking form

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I am brand new to Perfect forms and so have very little experience. I am creating a form for a number of conference events, all of which have limited places. I need the form to not allow any further booking once the max number has been reached.

As I mentioned I am a novice, so could any responses give full details – thanks in advance for you help.

I recommend building a very simple form to contain the number of registrations. Then build a connection to that form. In your registration form build a behavior when it opens that connects and brings back the number. Compare that number to your target number (held in a hidden field in your registration form) and if it is equal or less than the target, proceed. If it is higher then show a message and disable the submit button.

When the form is submitted use the connection to add a 1 to the number in the form with the count. You may even want to check the number of registrations one last time to make sure that another user did not take the final spot in the time that it took to fill out the form.

Here is a link to the page training videos on our web site. There are two videos on connections : http://www.perfectforms.com/training.php.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.