Load Image via Connection

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Load Image via Connection

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  peter.tyrrell 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

peter.tyrrell
    Participant

I want to be able to retrieve an image that is stored in an MS SQL database. Is there any way to do this?

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Peter let me do some research as to the best method for you and I’ll get back to you.

Ray

Anonymous

Hi there,

Was there an answer to this post? I’m interested to know, and also if there is a way to add an image to a form based on a call to a web service.

Thanks,

Ali

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Moona, you can add an image to a form using the ‘file attachment’ object, no need for a web service to do this. Also, there is a way to upload an image and pass it to another form. A practical example of this would be a form which holds many thumbnails which can be seen larger when the second form is opened.

http://app.perfectforms.com/v111/player.htm?f=BygAggMi&secure=true

Anonymous

Still no answer to tyrell’s question??

There is no way to display a picture in a form by getting it from an external SQL database via a connection. However if you build an application that dynamically publishes those pictures on a web server and have that URL in the database along with the picture, the form can retrieve the URL and set it as a source for the picture object.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.