Maximum "Get Custom Parameter" ?

Home Forum General Maximum "Get Custom Parameter" ?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Valisk 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Valisk
    Participant

Hi There,

A customer has just requested that one of our forms is made printable (I know… I know… ;).

The current form is pretty long and the PDF when created is illegible. I know I could break the form into a multi page document, but the customer would rather keep it on a single page.

I’ve created a two page child form that opens when print is clicked, passes the parameters over using ‘Get Custom Parameter’, prints and then closes itself.

The problem I’m having is that only the first 70 or so parameters are coming across (out of a total of 120).

Have I hit a limit in PerfectForms?

Many thanks,

Rich

Custom parameters are passed in the URL. The limit is caused by the limitation of number of characters allowed in a URL. You will have to use a form connection instead. Pass the Instance ID of the parent to the child. When the child opens call a form connection (to the parent) and send the Instance ID as a send parameter and return all the values you need.

Valisk
    Participant

Great – thanks again Dennis.

Rich

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.