new email server

Home Forum General new email server

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I created a new email server and set it to default, I was given the option of testing to be sure that it worked and the test was successful, the email went out.

Now none of my notifications are working, no emails are being sent out from my existing forms.

I made a simple new form that only sent out a notification and I could not get it to work.

Can you tell me what else I need to do so my notification will work as well as how to reset to the original default server.

Thank you.

ijobling
    Participant

Assuming this ‘new email server’ is one you have access to, refer to your mail server log files to see if the mail was actually received there. Also though, that you have now got a new ‘sender’ in your emails, check that the email is not being treated as ‘SPAM’ as it may have gone to a spam/junk folder.

if you cannot find any clear reason, please raise in a support ticket the details of your perfectforms account (if OnDemand account), how you have set up this new mail server, what you do/do not see in your mail server log file and details of your ‘test’ form (the form name specifically). It isn’t appropriate to post this information publically

ijobling
    Participant

You can revert to the original default server by going to your new email server you have set up and check the ‘clear default’ button

Anonymous

Thank you for the response, I will send in a support ticket, as there is nothing in the spam folder.

Also I checked the ‘clear default’ button as you suggested to reset to the original email server, but this is not working now either, from any form old or new.

Any suggestions?

ijobling
    Participant

What do you see in your mail server log file? you will see your ‘test email’ as you said it was delivered OK, and then the other notifications that have tried to be sent should also be there.

but in your ‘new’ test form check what you have actually entered in the notification? have you used any ‘override’ functions. if you have you may well have entered in some invalid information and your mail server is refusing to deliver the email. Only use these if you are 100% sure on how your mail server is set up and configured as there can be many ‘security’ settings that could be applied.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.