New Field added to Form – affect on prev form instances

Home Forum Deploying and Filling In Forms New Field added to Form – affect on prev form instances

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Peanuts890 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Peanuts890
    Participant

I need to add a new field to an existing form to provide management analysis in a report. I aready have a number of open and closed form instances, can they be modified to reflect this new field. Not sure if this is covered in another topic which discusses “Map Versions”.

Thanks

ijobling
    Participant

You are correct in Map Versions is what you would use after publishing the new version of your form with this new field. This will then update all the previous form instances to reflect this field and then be available in reporting

Peanuts890
    Participant

Thanks – Is there a way I can go back into the previous open and closed instances and enter a value into the new field.

ijobling
    Participant

if you develop that ability into your new version of the form, yes. (for closed instances shouldn’t be hard as when you enter and then submit the form will stay in that closed stage, but do review how any currently ‘open’ forms may progress to the next stage as you submit them where you may need to review the workflow routing path so the form does not go to the next stage)

Peanuts890
    Participant

Thanks,

I’ll wait till the forms are closed before I try changing them.

Appreciate all your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.