Not all notifications are sending

Home Forum General Not all notifications are sending

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  phillip 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

phillip
    Participant

I’m currently (trying) test a form’s workflow and view the email output. The form must get approval from two people (minimal). On the first path from the default stage, there is a notification. This notification is set up like so:

-Initial notification email to the first approver. Sends ‘Now’.

-Reminder email to the first approver. Sends after 8 minutes (for testing).

-Alert the second approver of a delay. Sends after 16 minutes (for testing).

The first two are to be sent to the same ‘Role’ (and currently all Test Roles have my email address). However, when I submit a form I only get one email, and it is the Reminder email. This is extremely odd behavior and I’m wondering if anyone dealt with this problem before? I can’t seem to pinpoint the problem either.

I’ve tried setting the times to 1 and 2 days, thinking the emails could be too close together, but the one supposed to send ‘Now’ still doesn’t send. I also tried separating them, recreating them, etc and still no luck. Everything is the same except for attention level and content. I’ve duplicated the reminder email and tried to send it ‘Now’. Also, ‘Send as Email’ is checked on all of them. Help would be appreciated!

phillip
    Participant

Nevermind, everything else was going to junk mail. Guess I’ll have to find ways to get around that.

evelina.liu
    Participant

We have experienced notification emails issues – not all notification emails are actually sent out (not even made it to the Exchange server), though based on the PerfectForms console, all the notification emails have been sent out upon submissions at the defined workflows. Due to these “failures” are sporatic or intermittent, and there are notifications for the same stages did get sent out and received, therefore I know for sure this is not caused by forms logic, but more like a system related issue.

Based on some quick analysis from the server event log, I am seeing some system events potentially related to SSL (ex. Schannel, Event ID 36887, etc.), which seemed to correlate to the timeframes of the form/stage submissions with no notification emails. Is this truly related to our notification email issue or something else?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Please check your PerfectForms service log. It will detail all of the notifications. It can be found on the application server usually at: C:Program FilesPerfectFormsPerfectFormsServicePFService.txt.

If you need further assistance, paste the error from the log and I will review for you.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Anonymous

Hi

I am using perfect form.. I want use the notification by email. I setup the email server and tested with sample email and its working fine, My issue is when i use the same email server in my form for sending the notification emails are not going out… I checked the service log and found following issue and looks like SendEmail code have some issue … Need help

5-12-2012 7:21:42 : INFO : Outer error: The request failed with the error message:

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>

<h2>Object moved to here.</h2>

</body></html>

–.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at PerfectFormsService.Admin.Admin.CheckEmails(String token, String resultXML, Boolean checkIndicators)

at PerfectFormsService.PFService.SendEmails(String servicePath, Boolean last, Int32 index)

That error indicates that the URL in the web config file in the PerfectForms folder in program files is wrong. Open webconfig file in NotePad and make sure that the URL it is referencing is the correct URL for your installation. If you change it, please save your change and re-start the PerfectForms Service.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!