Number of columns in Bar Chart

Home Forum Reporting Number of columns in Bar Chart

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Peanuts890 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Peanuts890
    Participant

Trying to show a financial total of say 48 departments in a bar chart. Obviously there are too many columns to be able to read the department names (although it does display them all). Is it possible within the bar chart properties, to limit the number of columns displayed based on a alphabetical range, eg. dept name is greater than “D” and less than “M”. Tried to do department name less than “D” but got boolean results. Basically want one chart to show A-D, second identical chart to show E-M, etc.

Thanks.

ijobling
    Participant

Haven’t tried it to be honest, but you may be able to achieve this by setting up different datasources for your report where you can define the filter condition to only include specific values/captions.

Peanuts890
    Participant

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I made multiple copies (duplicates) of my data source, one for each range of department names. Selected the department name (my X-axis)from the data source and applied a filter to this field using the sub-string function, eg. for departments starting A-D the filter was, sub-string(dept,0,1)<“E” and for departments in the range M-P, the filter was (sub-string(dept,0,1)>”L”)AND (substring(dept,0,1)<Q). This works great and does exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.