- October 22, 2009 at 12:14 am #336
I have a form with a table designed to allow users to select a date range from two date columns. When the date range is entered, a behavior automatically determines the number of work hours in that date range (number of weekdays, multiplied by eight) and populates a third column, “Hours”.
The “Hours” column is intended to be editable; that is, the user may make changes to the value in this column. We have found that when making changes to this value, the changes are not always committed. Sometimes the value of the “Hours” column will revert to the previous value, sometimes the value will go blank, and sometimes it will work.
In our testing we cannot determine a scenario where it will always fail, or always work. That said, it seems to work most of the time when clicking in another field, and it usually fails when clicking into a blank space on the form. Having more than six rows increases the likelihood that the change will not be committed.
Any ideas as to why this might be happening? There are behaviors triggered by the value in this column changing.October 22, 2009 at 9:49 am #4868
I would wonder if there is a behaviour running where you are not expecting it to and that is involved – and dependant on the actual ‘actions’ taken on the form, it runs sometimes and not others ?
Test by running in ‘debug’ mode’. As you enter data into the form as the users would you would then see in the debug pane any/all behaviours that are executing.
You may find it useful to track if you rename your behaviours to something meaningful (the actual event action as well as each component in the actions if there are conditions in place. open the behaviour and you can rename the behaviour from the default (ie button is pressed to something that shows you in the debug what behaviour is involved
Hope it points you to the situation, but if not, please send over an export of your form (with details of the actions required to replicate this) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can have a look.
PS confirm as well in the email that you are running the latest version (1.14)October 22, 2009 at 10:47 pm #4869
I thought it might be a behavior, but I cannot find any where that field should be changed at the time the problem is occurring. Also, The fact that the problem is intermittent also makes me question if it is caused by a behavior. I would expect that a problem caused by a behavior running at the wrong time would at least run consistently at the wrong time, but this issue does not have any consistency.
I have tried running in debug mode, but it is very slow so it will take a while to complete meaningful testing in this manner.
We are running version 1.14October 23, 2009 at 8:13 am #4870
You said this earlier:
That said, it seems to work most of the time when clicking in another field, and it usually fails when clicking into a blank space on the form.
Suggesting that there is a behaviour running when they ‘click in another field’ that is what you want to happen, but not when they ‘click into a blank space’
sounds to me like you have an issue with how a specific behaviour is running on an event you need to review.
the fact that debug is slow could also be indicative of your problem in that you have behaviours running where they are not needed . even if it is slow, take the time to run the form in debug mode so you CAN see what is happening and then you can see if what is running is actually what you want
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.