Numeric Input

Home Forum General Numeric Input

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imperial 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

imperial
    Participant

Any chance we can get the numeric input to allow more than the existing 9 character limit?

ijobling
    Participant

Will raise it again , but also you may be able to handle this by using a text input field and then using external javascript to reformat if you also require the numerical formatting (99,000,000.00 etc)

see here for details on how to calling javascript

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/fg_calling_javascript_from_a_form.htm

imperial
    Participant

i have had a look at the examples given and read information about using the javascript function & it seems this will only work if embeding the form on to a webpage that contains the javascript!

am i correct in saying, if im not embedding the form to a webpage then this workaround isnt an option?

ijobling
    Participant

That would be the case I’m afraid.

imperial
    Participant

in which case it would be great if we could maybe get this ability added as it wouldnt be practical for us to embed our form on to our internal web pages.

imperial
    Participant

Just wondering if this has been raised with your developers? or if there is anything i can do to raise this (i.e support ticket) we realy need the ability to be able to enter more than just 9 characters in a numeric field which displays the commas also. we have a form that is reliant on large figures & we are waiting for this update.

imperial
    Participant

?

imperial
    Participant

would be awesome if i could get an update on this situation? as it seems im being ignored??

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. That request was made back in April of this year, but has not yet made it into development. I will re-raise the issue for you and see if I can get any traction.

Dennis

Our release of V 1.18 is already in testing for a late September release. I hope to get your request included in V 1.19 which should be sometime around the beginning of the year.

imperial
    Participant

Thanks Dennis, I hope it does make it for then as all my hard work on this form will be for nothing

V 2.0 has been released for the On Demand system. It will be available On Premise next week.

The Numeric Input object now allows form designers to set

the max number of characters to 15 characters. You may

choose to include a decimal or not (use all 15 digits), as long

as the number of characters does not exceed 15

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.