Parent Child Instances

Home Forum Parent-Child Forms Parent Child Instances

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  samldiop 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

samldiop
    Participant

I have a table (with information that is copied from another table) with a column containing buttons that I want to open on each row a child instance with the information on that row but if you click the button on any row it just copies to the child instance information from the first row.

Any idea on what I should do?

I think you are saying that you want another instance to open when the button is clicked. If that is the case, you need to have a column in the table for the Instance ID of the instance you want to open. When the button is clicked use a Show Form object and use the Instance ID – Current Row.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

samldiop
    Participant

Actually I want it to create a new instance in the child form whenever the button is clicked.

I have a table where the user enter information with a button on that table that I want to create a new instance on the child form with the information on each row being imported into a new instance when it’s clicked on.

I created a new column with instance ID and it generates a new instance ID whenever the button is pressed but it still only copies to the child instance the information from the first row no matter which button you click on the table.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!