Parent data to first and subsequent child forms

Home Forum Parent-Child Forms Parent data to first and subsequent child forms

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Peanuts890 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Peanuts890
    Participant

I have a fairly simple parent/child application. the parent form acts as a portal and holds the “Company Name” and link to a survey (child form). When the child form opens I get the “Company Name” from the parent using the “Get Customer Paramater” and this is working okay.

When the child form survey is completed I have a “Submit” button and a “Submit and Open a New Form” button” (for the same company). I am unable to get the “Company Name” data from the parent form for these new forms.

This may have been answered in one of the other topics, but I don’t fully understand the solution. Incidently my “Get Custom Paramater” call is when the form opens.

The custom parameter must come from the parent. In the scenario you describe the child form becomes the parent. Since the first child (old child/new parent) form now holds the data, get a custom parameter from this instance (old child/new parent)and when the new child opens get the parameter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.