Performance Issue

Home Forum General Performance Issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Kwan 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ben Kwan
    Participant

I’m using the app.perfectforms.com platform to develop demo workflow and consistently experiencing very slow response (it easily takes 5-10 for the page to reload after I make a move), and it also slows than other applications on my desktop. Apparently the application is taking up a lot of RAM space as I was on virtual memory after using Perfect Forms for around a couple of hours.

Would this issue be unqiue to the app.perfectforms.com platform?

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Ben, I’m assuming your time reference there is in seconds. How much memory do you have on your PC? You mentioned other applications slowing as well, do you remember how many other applications you had opened at the time? When you are experiencing the slow response, can you open task manager to see how much of the processor resources your internet browser is using? I have not experienced this problem, so if I can change the memory settings of my virtual server to match what your memory is, I can try to reproduce your issue.

I’d be interested in what you’re performance experience is like without the other applications open. Depending on what they are, they could be using up your resources.

Ben Kwan
    Participant

Thanks. I think the problem is unique to the app.perfectforms.com platform, as it doesn’t occur when I use the on-premise version.

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Ben, this seems related to what a colleague of mine has been working on with your colleague (Ernest). I’ll make sure to include this issue with him.

Anonymous

Ben – you should bear in mind that PerfectForms, in design mode, is a full-fledged designer application and as such it does have memory needs. The tendency is for people to think that web apps do not need memory. I gather you have 480Mb total memory on that machine. The Form Player (the thing that handles form filling rather than completion) does not require as much memory as the form designer. We will be posting hardware recommendations shortly to avoid confusion.

Glad it is all ok now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.