populating report filter with form data

Home Forum Reporting populating report filter with form data

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  slundy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

slundy
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to populate the filter input on a report with data from a form. example when showing report from form, that forms instance number is in reports filter input

If I understood why you need to do this I might be able to help. You can drill-down in a report by any metric in your form. The standard function of a report is to filter by form data.

This may help: Data in reporting objects cannot be used in a behavior, but data from form objects can. It is an important distinction because you can use form objects in a report.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

slundy
    Participant

What we are trying to do is at the final stage of a purchase order form a report is run automatically that produces a list of users that submitted, approved (or rejected) that particular purchase order.

thanks…

What you are describing is drilling down to a specific instance(s) and showing a set of fields from that/those instance(s) in a data list. You will have to drill down by several metrics to find your specific instance. The user can do this manually by clicking the reporting objects, for example: A pie chart with the workflow stages – click Final stage. Perhaps you would then drill down by date range using a filter input reporting object. You can also use wild cards in a filter input object to search for words or names in a field.

If you are building a report for a specific individual and want to drill down programmatically when the report opens use Set Filter objects to drill down by pre-set values.

Please review our free training video on reporting: http://www.perfectforms.com/training_videos.php

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.