Print Layout Issue

Home Forum General Print Layout Issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sturmeyp 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sturmeyp
    Participant

Hi

I have a frustraiting issue with the print function.

My form is a reproduction of a quotation letter which is populated by data from a form connection. I have designed the letter and put all the fields in the correct places and aligned correctly. However when I use the print option to produce the PDF the layout is not the same. All the fields are offset by a small amount and therefore the layout is not the same as in the designer. Is there any reason why the formatting is changed when producing a PDF?

thanks

A goal of PerfectForms was to eliminate paper.

The print behavior in PerfectForms does not simply take a screen shot and render a PDF. It calls the database, populates the form fields with data from the instance and renders a PDF from the database. This can cause slight alignment issues with PDFs. The best way to troubleshoot print issues is to tinker with the form alignment slightly in Design mode and test print. Sometimes you will find that you will have to move an object by a few lines vertically or horizontally before the printed alignment will change.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.