Published Forms and Active Directory

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Published Forms and Active Directory

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  asrivastav 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

asrivastav
    Participant

Is it possible to custom integrate a published form such that when it is made available on our intranet (which uses AD for authentication), it can pre-populate form fields based on the logged in user? i.e. first name, last name

Thanks,

Avaneesh

tmrhymer
    Participant

Yes, this is possible, and our organization does this. When our company users open a form, a hidden page collects various details about the user and this is handled each time the form is opened so that we can track who did what, and even when they did it. We use the sso, so we query using the users domain username property, but you could probably also do it with their email address if you aren’t using the sso. You would then use either a directory services connection to lookup your user or if you have your ad data in a database you could set up a connection to that as well.

asrivastav
    Participant

tmrhymer, this is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for your help, it’s greatly appreciated.

asrivastav
    Participant

tmrhymer, I have question about how your company implemented this solution. When you say that “a hidden page collects various details about the user”, is the functionality executed client-side or server-side? The client-side script that I have found only gathers the logged in users’ username, not any additional information such as first name, last name, email, etc. (This script only works in IE, as you probably assumed)

Thanks,

Avaneesh

tmrhymer
    Participant

In the form there is a page I use for lots of “utility” purposes. One of those is the current user in the form. When the form opens, it grabs the current users domain username and puts it in one of the fields. Then after that, a connection command runs, which queries the rest of the information out of either active directory or a database table filtered by the domain username. It then copies the data i want to the rest of the fields I have designated for the current user. I’m not sure what script you are referring to. In perfect forms if you have sso enabled your users will have their domain username field populated, and that property is accessible in the forms in various commands under Special (User – Domain Username).

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?special_fields__properties.htm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.