Pull Active Directory Information (not authen)

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Pull Active Directory Information (not authen)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jasoncmcg
    Participant

Is there a way to pull the logged in Windows username for anyone that visits a page?

I need to do this separately from the logins.
    When a person goes to the site, I need to be able to see who they are and automatically grab the username of the person who submits a form.

If I could query AD with that information and get more information about that person, it would be a big plus.

(I need to replace an application that was written in ASP.net which uses Forms authentication and gets extra information from AD all automatically without the user having to login.)
    (Our licensed users with actual logins to PerfectForms are essentially ‘approvers’ and ‘report runners’.)

If the user is authenticated in your Windows environment AND is using IE you can use a Set Field ¬†with Special – Gateway – HTTP User. That will get the user’s domain username which you can send as a send parameter to AD using the Connection Agent. Then you can return any available parameters from AD.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.