Tagged: workflow notifications
- September 22, 2011 at 3:57 pm #831
I have a workflow that’s basically this:
1. Person A completes the form and submits; notification is sent to Person B
2. Person B opens the form from the email, selects Approve or Reject and submits
– If rejected, notification is sent to Person A
– If approved, notification is sent to Person C
3. Person C opens the form from the email, and does final approve or rejects
I noticed that after Person B has selected Approve and submitted, Person B can go back to their notification email, click the form instance link again, and see that the form is at Step 3. Person B can now do the approve or reject in Step 3.
How do I prevent someone from opening the form from the link in their notification email AFTER they’ve already opened the form and submitted it?September 22, 2011 at 9:26 pm #5864
Ah, roles. Something I should look into.September 22, 2011 at 10:57 pm #5865
OK, so now I’m using roles in the workflow to enable or hide objects based on the role/stage. Here’s my problem:
1. Teacher completes form and submits. (Stage 1/Unspecified role. Not sure why it says Unspecified)
2. Registrar opens form from email notification, selects Reject, then submits. (Stage 2/Registrar role)
3. Teacher opens form from email notification, but the form comes up empty as though all the pages were hidden (Stage 3/Teacher role)
I’ve double checked my states and the first page is never hidden based on any role or stage. Any chance someone could look at the form and see what I’m missing? I can email the .pf file if someone would be so kind to check it out.September 23, 2011 at 3:07 pm #5866
Dennis @ PerfectFormsBlocked
Manage the state of your pages and objects by workflow stage and role as described in our help guide: http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/?fa_setting_a_series_of_states_on_.htm.
In stage 3, make the approve/reject group read-only for everyone or simply the role of Person B.September 23, 2011 at 3:58 pm #5868
Thanks for the reply, Dennis. Here’s what the states look like for the page where the Teacher enters the information:
The Teacher should always be able to see this page, but when the Registrar rejects it and the workflow goes to Stage 3, the page seems to be hidden.
Here’s what the workflow looks like:September 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm #5869
Dennis @ PerfectFormsBlockedSeptember 23, 2011 at 7:08 pm #5870
That was it. Thank you, Dennis!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.