Re-group form objects?

Home Forum General Re-group form objects?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  evelina.liu 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

evelina.liu
    Participant

I have a need to re-arrange some of the form fields objects, including moving objects from certain groups to other groups. My concern is if this will break what I have so far, includnig hundreds of instances and numerous reports associated with this form. Please advise. Thanks.

As long as you are using the On Demand service of PerfectForms or have On Premise V 2.0 or later you can move fields in and out of groups and they will continue to report properly.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

evelina.liu
    Participant

Hi, Dennis, what about V 1.8?

No. In V 1.18 when you remove a field from a group it changes the identity of the field even though the name does not change. Reports and behaviors will have to be re-mapped if you remove objects from groups. Prior to V 2.0

evelina.liu
    Participant

What if we upgrade to V 2.x from V 1.8 in the near future, are all the forms and reports, and their object identify/association mechanism will be automatically “upgraded” during this upgrade process? What I am asking is, is it recommended not to make these types of form changes until after upgrading to V 2.x? Thank you.

evelina.liu
    Participant

Sorry, I mean, V 1.18, not V 1.8.

That is correct, I do not recommend making your changes until you have updated to V 2.0.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.