Reporting – Multiple Forms into One Table

Home Forum Reporting Reporting – Multiple Forms into One Table

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there a way to combine multiple data sources (with consistent data elements) into one table within a report?

A reporting object can only report on one data source.

Anonymous

Thanks for the response.

Is this something that could be considered for a future enhancement?

The reason reporting objects only report on one data source is that the reports are designed to be dynamic and respect input from other objects on the page. This would not be possible with a table reporting on two data sources. Do you have a suggestion for a solution?

Anonymous

I do not have a suggestion for a solution as I’m not sure I understand the reason why the request is impossible. If there is a grid that summarizes two data sources, why can’t a filter input object be applied to the two-source grid?

srogers
    Participant

Finding a solution to allow multiple datasources apply to a single table/data grid would be a big value multiplier for us. Hopefully a method to do this can be determined!!

As I suggested in a recent post, you can filter multiple data sources in a report by using a form object. For example you can use a drop-down or a table and populate it using a form connection. When you choose an item from the drop-down use a set filter behavior object for each datasource on the page. Filter by the value in the form object.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

srogers
    Participant

Without being able to include more than one datasource in a single data grid (or form connections in a table), this will become unworkable as the number of forms to include increases.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.