Reporting query based on a form and directory service

Home Forum Reporting Reporting query based on a form and directory service

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a set of records from Active Directory set in a Directory Service and I also have another set of records in a form. I have to filter the records that are in the form FROM the Active Directory. For Example my AD has data like a, b, c, d and e. And my form has data like a, b. I want to create a report that will populate records of data like c, d and e. That is subtract form data from the active directory record.

Thanks for help in advance.

Reports in PerfectForms can only report on form data, not data contained in outside sources like AD. You could import the AD data into the form (it could be in hidden fields)and then report as you have described.

Anonymous

Thanks for you reply. Now my question is:

There are two independent set of data in form. First a, b, c, d and e. And Another set is a, b and c. Now In a report I want to show data c, d and e. That is subtract second list from the first list. How can I write such a query in a report?

Thanks

It sounds like you are reporting on these data sets in groupings. I think that the easiest way to accomplish this would be to (once again) use hidden fields. In this case, hidden groups. Create all of the potential groupings for your reports, and use copy field behaviors so that all of the fields are filled in accurately. Then you can report on the various groupings as you see fit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.