RFE: Email Editor

Home Forum WorkFlow RFE: Email Editor

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  phillip 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

phillip
    Participant

I’m not sure the right place to put RFEs, but figured this is a good start.

I’m working on a form for a while now that has taken me many days worth of work to get it to where it is now. One of the most consistent frustrations is dealing with the email editor. It’s decent, but I never know if when I copy the message to paste it else where if the variable will actually work when I go to test it. It also has trouble with line breaks. Sometimes they’ll be a couple of *pixels* high and you won’t noticed it until you go to test it and see 10. Or sometimes you put two line breaks and it appears as only one.

Honestly, I’d like to have the option to use something like the Formula Editor instead (the one you use with behaviors). It’s precise, no surprises, and with the ability to copy/paste correctly. An alternative to that would to just have the ability to put in the ‘{|link|}’ field into a variable that would get populated if sent via an email or something.

Lastly, it’d be nice if there was a way to test JUST the email portion. It’s troublesome to have to go through the entire workflow to test one email. Of course it’s possible to just put the email at the beginning of the Workflow, but that should be necessary. And you still have to publish the form before you can test it.

In short:
    - Line breaks show correctly in the email editor.
    - Every line break is show in the emails.
    - Better pasting and copy ability in the email editor.
    - A 'formula compose' option for the email editor.
    - Ability to put an equivalent to the '{|link|}' in a variable that's populated on email.
    - Ability to test emails with out having to publish->step through entire workflow.

I’d also be curious if anyone at PerfectForms could review the form I’ve been working on and maybe give me some tips on what I could have simplified it. It’s gotten very big (but I feel it is as orderly as it gets) but thought I could get some pointers anyways.

Fill out a Support Inquiry at: http://www.perfectforms.com/support_contact.php. Export your form design and attach a copy of your .PF file. Describe in detail what has gotten out of hand/what needs streamlining. I will review it for you. Perhaps you can also attach a screenshot and description of the problem you are having with pasting notification messages. I have copied and pasted notification messages without any problems.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.