Saving

Home Forum Behaviors Reference Saving

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  samldiop 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

samldiop
    Participant

Have an online applications and want to add a feature enabling applicants to save application where they will receive an email notification with a link to the application. I’m running into the problem where I can’t save because I have required fields that have not be filled yet (because the applicant have not gotten to that page yet).

*I used a notify behavior and a submit data behavior to save.

I never use the box that says “Mandatory answer” in the properties of input objects for this very reason (and others). If you have a multi-page form your users will not find out they missed a mandatory answer on page one until they have reached the last page and try to submit. You loose a lot of users that way!

Instead get used to using the Check Mandatory behavior object behind your buttons that take the users to the next page (use a button with a Show Page behavior after the Check Mandatory behavior, not a Page Button), and the submit button. Your Save button can simply have a Submit behavior object behind it and not bother checking for mandatory fields (although you should check for at least name and email so you know where to send the notification).

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

samldiop
    Participant

Thanks, yes I didn’t like that either!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.