Set Selection Items

Home Forum Behaviors Set Selection Items

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there a way to ‘set selection items’ for a set of checkboxes instead of a selection list?

Also I’m having a problem with the “show” object command. I have two fields. Both are sets of checkboxes. For each checkbox that’s selected in field 1, more and more options become available in Field 2. For example if you select option 1 in field 1, then in field two, you can select options a, b, and c. If you select options 1 and 2 in field 1, then in field two, you can select options a,b,c and now you can also select options d,e,f.

The way I thought to do this was to “show” checkbox options in field 2 as each checkbox in field 1 is selected.

If Field 1 option 1 = checked, show field 2 checkboxes 1,2 and 3.

But, this doesn’t seem to work. What “shows” is just an outline of field 2 – literally just the box that the checkboxes are a part of. The heading of the box doesn’t show nor does any content. Is this a bug? If not, what am I doing wrong?

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Ariege, For your part 1, the ‘set selection items’ is only used for populating ‘list type’ objects.

To remedy this, one thing that can be done cover all of bases, is to create several different checkbox groups which can by default be hidden. Then, based on the responses to your option 1, the “set state” object can be used to show a customized checkbox group which shows 1,2,3,4,and 6 for example. If the user answers a different way, just show a different customized checkbox group which shows 1,3,4,and 5. See where I’m going with this? Just make sure that if the user changes the values of option 1, the “set state” object is used to hide the incorrect checkbox group and show the correct one.

Anonymous

Thanks very much Rgatson.

I’ve taken some screen shots to illustrate what’s going on when I try your suggestion.

So, Field 1 is a checkbox group with 4 options. Field 2 is hidden by default and really, it’s a collection of checkbox groups.

Here’s the layout view of the page that contains both fields.
    Broken URL

Here are the behaviors:
    Broken URL

When I preview the page it looks like this:
    Broken URL

But, when I click the first checkbox, the checkbox group appears like this:
    Broken URL

You can’t see the fields that are a part of that checkbox group. I tried changing the behavior to show both the group and the options within the group but htat didn’t work either.

Anonymous

Ahhh, I see. I was using “show” instead of “set state.” This works now. Thanks for your help!

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Ariege, I was just looking at your screen shots I’m glad it worked for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.