Showing different forms for different steps.

Home Forum Laying out a Form Showing different forms for different steps.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have a form which up to four people interact with, so each has their own section of the form. Right now all 4 sections are in one large page which leads to a large amount of whitespace when I hide sections of the form not in use at a particular stage. Earlier I had tried to separate them into separate pages and use the showpage behavior in the workflow panel to control which one was visible, but it did not appear to work as it always was set to page 1 when I loaded the form. I’m obviously missing something, is there any way I can show and hide different sections without creating said white space?

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Epball,

One thing you can try is to use a branch object when the form opens and go back to your multiple page approach. Open your form in the editor. Then, before you click on anything part of your form, scroll down in the form properties pane (right column) and you should see several behaviors, one of which is the ‘page opened’ behavior. Click this behavior. Now, you will want to drag a multi branch object into the drawing area. Here, you can add the scripting to check to see if the user name is equal to…then show page…

This will check who is accessing the form, then show the appropriate page.

Anonymous

Ooooh, I hadn’t even considered using that behavior to make such things happen. Thanks. I’ve been liking the flow-diagram-style behavior coding. I’m used to writing lines upon lines of logic.

Anonymous

According to the debug panel, putting the show page command on both “form is opened” and “page is opened” is not allowed.

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Epall,

Sorry if I confused you. You will only be using the ‘form is opened’ behavior. In this bahavior, you will be using the multibranch to display the appropriate page, based on who is accessing the form.

Anonymous

Says it is not allowed for ‘Form is opened’ as well. (See Screenshot) For now I have a gigantic (but pretty) button that holds the behavior.

ehuezo
    Keymaster

Hi Epball, would it be possible for you to send me an email at support@perfectforms.com.

Anonymous

After a bit of work, rgatson found a relevant topic that explained the fix to my problem. I’ll post the link here for any searchers who happen to find this topic.

http://www.perfectforms.com/forums/topic/load-the-form-to-a-specific-page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.