Sorting Table

Home Forum Working with Tables Sorting Table

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  samldiop 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

samldiop
    Participant

I have a table that is in a form and pulls information from another form. Is there a way to sort data in the table (one of the column is date, and that is the one I want to sort by)?

Data lists in reports can be sorted by columns, tables in forms cannot.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

samldiop
    Participant

That’s what I was thinking, but wasn’t sure.

Thanks for the quick response!

pmeidinger
    Participant

Here’s a quick-and-dirty test form I came up with that will sort number or date columns in a table:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uus4rw7odyv7tp0/Sort%20Test.pf

Just click the + button on the table on the left to add rows with random numbers and dates, then click either of the Sort buttons to sort them in the table on the right. I haven’t figured out a way to sort strings yet.

phillip
    Participant

pmeidinger, I like that your tables add random values upon adding a row, that’ll help me do future testing : ). The sorts are very nice as well, I did a sort in the past but it’s extremely ugly compared to yours. Thanks for sharing this!

It would be great to have this as a feature in the future though, so we don’t have create individual behaviors for each table.

phillip
    Participant

As an additional note, taking your numbers sort, the second “Last Behavior was Successful” branch can direct towards a few more statements that Copy the Sorted table to the Original table, in case you want the original to be sorted as well.

Thanks again for sharing this, it’s very elegant!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.