Synchronize Users with Directory-Service

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Synchronize Users with Directory-Service

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  asrivastav 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

asrivastav
    Participant

I know that the “Synchronize” process is one-way such that user information flows from the Active Directory Service to Perfect Forms, and not the other way around. With that said, is the synchronization from AD to Perfect Forms ‘live’? Meaning, if user data changes in AD, will that information be automatically updated/reflected in the Perfect Forms user account? Or would we have to re-synchronize the users from AD to update user information from AD to Perfect Forms?

Thanks,

Avaneesh

tmrhymer
    Participant

I believe you will have to re-synchronize to keep things updated. They have done a great job in the modal that pops up to show you all the changes the synchronize function has found and notates the type of action (new, change, or remove). We have requested the ability to schedule a synchronization to automate this process in the future, so that once we have tweaked our synchronize properties (filters) we would like to be able to just set it and have a log to review the changes in the future if necessary.

asrivastav
    Participant

tmrhymer, appreciate it. The information’s very helpful. Thanks!

evelina.liu
    Participant

We are now evaluating the possibility of using “Synchronize” to automatically create user accounts based on defined properties (or filters). For example, to grant Limited User License to all the supervisors in our institution as their “base access” so that they can interact with forms through notification emails. I would like to know how other institutions are managing user accounts and keeping up with them, and how well this “Synchronize” is. Any feedback is appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.