synchronizing objects in multiple environments

Home Forum Deploying and Filling In Forms synchronizing objects in multiple environments

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  MABrown 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MABrown
    Participant

In addition to a production PerfectForms server, we also have a development server where we create and test all of our forms, reports, and connections. In a recent project, I found that migrating the form from one environment caused many (but not all) of the connection behaviors to break, requiring me to open the form and point each connect behavior to the correct connection/action. This also required me to re-map each connection parameter to the form fields.

Is there a way to synchronize connections across multiple environments to prevent this from happening?

So far as I could tell, this is what had happened:

1: In an earlier project, a connection and actions were created on the development server and migrated to the production server.

2: A new form project required new actions on the existing connections. Those actions were created on the development system and the production system separately (they were not migrated from the development system to the production system).

3: When the new form was migrated from one environment to the other, the behaviors mapped to actions that were originally migrated in the earlier project stayed intact, and behaviors mapped to actions that were recreated on the new environment broke.

This leads me to believe that each connection and/or action object has a hidden unique identifier which is preserved when a connection is migrated. If that is the case, is there a way to ensure that those unique identifiers are identical across environments without deleting and re-migrating connections?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.