table column header, word wrap?

Home Forum Laying out a Form table column header, word wrap?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis @ PerfectForms 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

camacho1@umd.edu
    Participant

Hi folks

I’m trying to determine the best way to deal with making the text in a table column header visible – the text of the header is fairly long, and in the new HTML player it no longer seems to wrap to a new line as it did in the Flash player.

I toyed around with setting an “on click” behavior for the column(s) to show a message, but then the column loses focus and doesn’t recognize input. This then creates an endless loop (the user clicks back in the field, gets the message, looses focus again -> repeat).

Thanks for any help/advice.

I simply un-check the Show Header box in the properties of the table and use a Small Heading or Text object to create a header for the table columns.

camacho1@umd.edu
    Participant

Hmm – ok, thanks for the help.

imperial
    Participant

is this still the case? it is quiet a messy solution to use seperate text as headers, as when multiple rows are created in a table to the point a scroll bar is needed, the columns resize and are no longer in line with the text used as headers!

You make a good case for an enhancement. I have submitted the enhancement request to our development department on behalf of both of you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.