table reporting

Home Forum Reporting table reporting

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imperial 8 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

imperial
    Participant

When reporting on drop-down menus within a table i only have the option to display the assigned values & not the caption. is this normal behaviour?

ijobling
    Participant

or you could set up your drop down items in the table where the value you enter is the same as the caption ?

imperial
    Participant

thanks for the quick reply, however the workaround you have suggested isnt ideal as i have 8 pages each with a table that contains at least 10 columns already, all of which have behaviours & conditions attached.

it seems very long winded just to get the caption of a drop-down field which in most cases, would contain the information needed for reporting!

imperial
    Participant

also having the value the same as the caption isnt ideal, as the conditon “is equal to” relies upon a numeric value, so this would in-effect void my conditions. if i am wrong please correct me, as this would of been the best workaround!

ijobling
    Participant

‘is equal’ may do what you want even on the value being text.

check it out on a simple test form to see if it will do what you want

imperial
    Participant

Thanx, i will do. ill post back here and let you know if it works!

imperial
    Participant

this does indeed work. thanx for your help.

jrubadue
    Participant

I have a similar need for a report; can you expand on how to

“write out the caption text to another column in that row and then you can report on that caption as well.”

If the drop down is in a table you cannot use the caption of the selection elsewhere, only the value. If a drop-down is not in a table you can use either the value or the caption.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.