Text box how do I show responses on a report

Home Forum Reporting Text box how do I show responses on a report

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi.

I’ve created a questionnaire and as usual you have a comments box.

How do I show those comments in a report I use a data list only this has lots of empty pages. Also, the comments go of the screen and you can’t scroll the box to read all the text. Is there a way to set this or better still only output text if it has been input by a user thus creating a dynamic text out put?

Anonymous

Ok some good news

I’ve placed a filter on the data source for one of the boxes and this only shows results not blank.

Is there a way to show these results without page buttons on the data list?

Anonymous

Ok this doesn’t work for multiple fields Grr!

Would it be better to create a seperate data source with only the comments results and then filter that?????

ijobling
    Participant

A seperate datasource could be better in terms of you can then set up that datasource with a filter to only show when that field HAS been answered

have a look to this other forum post for more info on this

http://www.perfectforms.com/forums/topic/filtering-reports-to-only-show-answered-questions#post-69

Anonymous

Just a follow up for other users.

I created a data source for each data list with a filter and used this. Works like a charm.

Remember to set the width as it helps set the width should you wish to print the report.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.