To close an instance without locking it…

Home Forum General To close an instance without locking it…

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I am making a testing order form, after submission, the form will keep open for marking the instance number. And another user will have to approve the request.

My problem is, when i click browse “X” to close the form, the instance will be locked. Then I need to reopen the instance and click “new form” button to unlock it.

Why the browse “X” cannot close the perfect form session and release the instance? If it is related to IE option, please specify what options should be changed.

The instance locks because you don’t want two people editing the same instance at the same time. The last person to submit would have their changes saved and the first person would lose.

To answer the question properly I would need to have a better understanding of your process, however I can provide general direction: If the reason you are submitting an re-opening your instance is to get an instance number, you could use a behavior that submits, opens and submits the instance the first time “submit” is pressed, and then simply submits the form instance once every time thereafter.

Here is how you do that: Use a hidden helper field (# of times submitted). Build a behavior on when “submit” button is pressed. First set the hidden field using a formula: Value of the hidden field plus 1. Then use a simple branch object with a simple condition: Hidden field value = 2. If true submit and re-open same instance, if false submit and close.

Build another behavior on when form opens. Use a set field to set the instance number in a field. Then use a set field to set the hidden field using a formula: Value of the hidden field plus 1. Then use a simple branch object with a simple condition: Hidden field value = 3. If true submit and re-open same instance, if false submit and close.

I have built a simple test form to prove this works. If you would like to have a copy to review the behavior let me know and I will email the .pf file to you.

I just saw an error in my post.

On the form opens behavior if the hidden field value = 3 submit and close. If false exit behavior. Sorry for the mistake, I’m glad I re-read it.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

Anonymous

Thanks Dennis. I think this is a good workaround. Upon testing, I found that my colleague always lock the form instance I used to store the requester and operator relationship. How can I force unlock a opened instance?

Anonymous

i guess i can solve the problem by setting a smaller timeout.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.