Total Number of Instances

Home Forum Reporting Total Number of Instances

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there a way to get the total number of instances for my reporting?

I’m trying to generate a Random winner for a contest using the Random function and I want to set the Maximum value to be the number of instances… I could just go look at the last Instance Number but I’ve come across this a few times during form building so I was wondering if there was a way that I could pull it dynamically instead.

Thanks!

If you are building a report you can use a Value reporting object. Set the value drop-down to “count” and set the field to a field that is filled out on every instance. That will give you a count of instances.

Anonymous

I hadn’t even thought of that – That’s perfect, thank you!

evelina.liu
    Participant

Hi, Dennis, is it possible for the Value reporting object to get a count of certain value appear in one of the fiels based on my specification? How should I do that? Thank you.

I tried with formula (when a field = certain value) for the Value object, but maybe I did not do it correctly so it is not working and continues to show the total instances count.

Sorry, I don’t understand the question. I can tell you however, that it is not possible to use the values in reporting objects in formulas or functions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.