User-Email Capabilities

Home Forum Formula and Condition Editor User-Email Capabilities

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kiascham 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kiascham
    Participant

Hi. I am trying to use the User-Email function in a condition to decide what name to put into a table. I am sending notifications to a group of emails put into a multiline input textbox. A notification is sent to the users and they are able to add comments to a table that populates their name into a column of that table. The User-Email condition is used to decide what name should be put into the table. I have been told that this will not work because the User-Email will only work for those users that have a PerfectForms account. I did find it interesting that when I viewed the three emails that were sent they all had different links even though there was only one notify used. Is there a possibility that this can work? I know my other option is to make separate roles and just send separate emails but the way I currently have it set up is much simpler than trying to accomplish the latter.

You have two options:

1) As you already mentioned, use Roles and send unique emails to each role. Then you can identify the user by role.

2) If you are using LDAP to authenticate users to a Windows environment you can use SSO. You could give all LDAP users a (Free) Limited user license in PerfectForms. You can even synch with LDAP to create the licenses. Force SSO use for your form which would authenticate your users. Then you could use the User-Email function.

Workflow software, Process software, Procedure software

kiascham
    Participant

Thank you Dennis!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.