Using pdf generated in print

Home Forum General Using pdf generated in print

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi

Please tell me if i can use the PDF file got after a print function in any way with in perfectforms application, like email it to some body, provide link to this pdf to some body or any kind of sending this PDF out to any other application.

ijobling
    Participant

The PDF file you are seeing is created so you can print out. once that is open within your browser (and assuming you have a version of Adobe that allows you to save) you can technically do anything you want with it, but if you are looking to forward this onto another person, you can do this within Perfectforms anyway by utilising the ‘workflow’ functionality and notify to another person for them to access/view or even update that form information. In terms of integrating with another application, look at the Connection Agent module where you can read information from/write out to a range of databases, and also how Webservices are supported as well which can be used to interact with other applications.

Anonymous

Thanks for the information

please tell me if i can send this PDF(generated after print) to any other application using the Connection agent or Web service

ijobling
    Participant

no.. you won’t be able to do this. the PDF is created as a seperate ‘instance’ and is for you to be able to print. it is Separate to the form itself and so can’t be used in this way. but the form itself, you can send on to other people, and with the connection agent/weberver you can pass the data out to other databases/applications as you require

Anonymous

Thanks for the information

please guide me what can be done for a requirement like creating a folder at a client space and storing this PDF file in that client folder.let me know if this can be done with perfectforms?

if not please guide me how can i make a same PDF with the form data and send it to client space.

ijobling
    Participant

Sorry.. I’ve no idea what you are referring to ? what is ‘client space’ for instance

if you want to send the form to another person for them to view the form and its data (where they can then as well ‘print’ the form if required), this is what the Workflow routing functions can do for you

The training videoes here:

http://www.perfectforms.com/training.php

and maybe specifically the workflow video

http://www.perfectforms.com/TutorialVideos/Workflow_Rules_109/Workflow_Rules_109/Workflow_Rules_109.htm

as well as the user guides are worth having a look at

Anonymous

ijobling,

What i exactly need is the PDF file (printed) to be placed on a server machine by dynamically creating a folder on the server and storing PDF in that folder. So from here users can view this form data.

I don’t want to send the form or its data to anybody(which can be printed). I just want some users to access this PDF with out viewing or printing the form on perefectforms again. Can be this be done in any way?

If the printed PDF can’t be accessed or moved to any website is there way to generate same PDF with form’s data and store it at a website.

ijobling
    Participant

Once the ‘print’ function has been called and you are seeing the form in your browser within your adobe controls, there isn’t anything stopping you from saving this form away as you require (go to File | Save as)

Anonymous

My requirements are

1. I should be able to create a folder programatically either in perfectform server or in our local server.

2. After creating the folder I should able to save the generated PDF in this folder programatically and not with Save As option.

Another question, if I have to create the folder in our server through perfectforms, how can I do that?

ijobling
    Participant

We create this pdf file to support the requirement that users have to print form information out. It is not designed to be able to be ‘saved’ programatically.

Having said that, check to see if the Perfectforms API is what you require here:

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/api.htm

Anonymous

As far as I understand such functionality does not exist out of the box. You have to develop it yourself or order it to someone.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info

I have a form with multiple pages and with a unique ID. How can i get all the data of the entire form if I pass the unique ID? Will that be an XML string? Please help us in this regard

ijobling
    Participant

Hard to say really. are you looking at using the API or perhaps a webservice? depending what method you are using will allow you to use a variety of options. if you may be considering a webservice, do have a look at the sample forms for this that are available here:

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/admin_interactive_examples_and_sampl.htm

Anonymous

Hi ijobling,

Thanks for the information provided.

I have form with multiple pages

1. Tell me how can i get full information of the form with all fields and their data.

2. Can I get this information in a XML string or in any other format which i can send to a web service?

If i need to build the XML by writing each of the field in perefectforms help me out where and how could this be done

ijobling
    Participant

If you are looking to do this in a webservice, have a look at the example form

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/admin_web_service_integration_exampl.htm which should help you

and if you are looking to use the API.. details of how to do this are here:

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/api.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.