Variable form height?

Home Forum Laying out a Form Variable form height?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there any way to change the page height of a form at the page level? Or more to he point, make the page height variable based on content, so that page 1 can be 400 pixels high and page 2 be 550 pixels high?

The only workaround I can think of is pretty ugly: transfer contents of one form to another form – all in the same workflow. My client is not happy about the fixed window size limitation. Any ideas?

ijobling
    Participant

Ray

The size is a form property and therefore of course will be effective for all/any pages on your form.

One workaround is as you mention (with the parent/child relationship usually) or you could design the form such that on your smaller pages, you have at the bottom a suitably coloured ‘picture’ object (white perhaps) that presents the view of that page to be smaller. Using other design methods like a horizontal line to highlight the bottom of the form as well can make the end user think they are looking at a smaller page

Anonymous

Hi – I tried inserting an image at the bottom of the form. That looks like it will work.

However, the form adds 2 pixels to the rendered dimensions so I’m left with a small border around the image. When I try to adjust the form size in the code, JS adds scroll bars.

Any suggestions?

ijobling
    Participant

hard to say to be honest.. not sure what it is you are seeing.

could you send over the form to us at support@perfectforms.com along with some screen shots of what it is you are seeing and what browser it is here being used and we can have a look

Anonymous

For a couple of reasons, it may be a day or two before I can do that. Right now, I’m trying a different page layout to avoid the issue, but the client may have other plans… thanks.

Ray P

ijobling
    Participant

I wonder if ‘form properties’ – Drop shadow may be involved – have you that option enabled ?

Anonymous

No – that’s the first thing I checked. The problem is the PF form is 770 pixels wide. My “filler” image is 770 wide. When I publish, the code results in: (truncated for security)

“…player.aspx”, “flexApplicationNDA=”, “f=oBgAgAkB&secure=false”, “772”, “1302”, “transparent”);

This puts a white border around the form. If I change the parameters to 770 and 1300, I get scroll bars. I suspect the Flash object can be launched without a border but not sure where or how to effect that.

I will send this post and the image to the support team. Thanks.

Ray

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.