Variables in Formula (via compose button)

Home Forum Formula and Condition Editor Variables in Formula (via compose button)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Debello 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Laura Debello
    Participant

In Set Field Properties under Value, there is the option to use a Formula by clicking on the Compose button and then using the Compose Formula window to create your formula based on a variety of choices.

I was trying to do a mathematical calculation (GST): Field1 divided by 1.1. The result of this formula was returning a value of more than 2 decimal points. For example 5.18 divided by 1.1 = 4.7090909. So I thought I could use the Round function, but I discovered that I can’t place another formula in the “Number” row in the Round function.

To get around this I have created a hidden field that calculates the first part of my formula, and then a second field that rounds the value in my hidden field. It works, but in other formula languages, I could achieve the same result by declaring a variable and then inserting the variable in the Round function.

Does PF formula support any type of variable handling?

Is there any other way that I could have achieved the same result?

ijobling
    Participant

Laura

The best workaround is as you have found, but thanks for bringing this to our attention

We are continually looking to improve the application for all our customers. I will refer what you have seen to the product improvement team.

Laura Debello
    Participant

Ian,

Thanks for confirming that I had done the right thing. As I am only new to this application, I was worried that I was not correctly understanding the functions and the code to insert in each row. I am used to more traditional and less GUI design and development environments.

ijobling
    Participant

Laura

not a problem, please do let us know if you see areas that you feel could be better, as mentioned, we are always keen to see where we can ‘improve’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!