Via Form Connection, show data for “Open” instances only?

Home Forum Behaviors Via Form Connection, show data for “Open” instances only?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  davids 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

davids
    Participant

Through a Form Connection, how can I choose to show data from Open instances only? Here is an explanation of our current setup:

– With Form A, I’m creating multiple “Open” instances. Over time, I go back to some of these instances and activate a workflow that makes the instance “Close”. I’ve also created a Form Connection to access several fields within Form A instances.

– With Form B, I’m using a “Connect” Behavior Command to bring some fields into Form B and display them all in a Table Input object.

How can I set the Table in Form B to display fields from “Open” instances of Form A only? I want to omit all information pulled from Closed instances of Form A.

ijobling
    Participant

if on your form A you are storing the STAGE name of the form, then you can use that field within your connect behavior, where you can use <> in the connection action to only return where the field is NOT equal to the closed stage

davids
    Participant

Thanks for the help here. I think I figured out how to store the Stage name of the form in a Text Input field, but I don’t see the <> in the Connect action. Were you thinking of using a Simple Branch before/after the Connect action to activate the “return where field is not equal to” logic? I don’t think that would filter the data, actually. Could you be more descriptive? Thanks again.

ijobling
    Participant

when you set up your connection, and then you set up the ACTION. this is where you define the ‘send’ parameters and where you have the option for ‘<>’ instead of the usual =

check it out here

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/defining_connection_actions.htm

and

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/how_a_form_calls_the_connectio.htm

you may also find that the database example form here:

http://www.perfectforms.com/Documentation/manual/html/admin_database_lookups_examples.htm

is of use as well

ijobling
    Participant

And then when you come to set up the actual Connect action in the form, for the ‘send parameter’ .. you select ‘formula’ and then enter in the stage name that is your ‘closed’ stage name. when the ‘query’ is then run it will then show you back all the instances where the forms are not equal to that stage name

davids
    Participant

Thank you so much for this! Works like a charm. Now, the way this is setup, it shows any instance that doesn’t have the stage name I’ve set. Is there a way to show forms that actually have the word I’m using as a query? The Form I’m connecting to has multiple stages, and I’d like to effectively filter by the different stages.

davids
    Participant

Never mind, I got. Just used the equal sign instead of not equal to <>. Sweet!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.