Web Service Connection

Home Forum Integrating PerfectForms Web Service Connection

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  MABrown 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MABrown
    Participant

I am attempting to establish a Web Service connection with a SAAS provider. The provider supports SOAP web services, however their WSDL files are behind their authentication.

As a result, unless you are logged in, you cannot connect to the service. They recommend downloading the WSDL file to implement in the application consuming the service, however I don’t see how that would be possible with PerfectForms.

Is there a way to reference a local WSDL file in a Web Service Connection? If not, is there a way to embed authentication parameters into a Web Service Connection? So far as I can tell they do not have a CROSSDOMAIN.XML file in their root directory, so it needs to be a proxy connection.

I break it down to two connections. In the first connection I return the token and result and store them in hidden fields. In the second connection I send the token and the other send parameters to get what I need from the web service.

MABrown
    Participant

Since I cannot load the WSDL, I cannot create a connection in the first place. Is there a way to create a web service connection that does not use WSDL files?

MABrown
    Participant

I have implemented a workaround by hosting a copy of the WSDL file on a local web server, but it doesn’t fully solve the issue.

The Web Service provider for my connection requires the SOAP request contain the “Authorization” header. For testing, the connection works when I disable this requirement, however that is not a practical long-term solution. Is there a way to edit the values in the Authentication header to pass a logon and password?

I will be emailing you some examples that demonstrate how to accomplish what you need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.