Writing Back to Parent Form

Home Forum Parent-Child Forms Writing Back to Parent Form

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have an Equipment Request form that allows you to raise a Purchase Request form if the equipment is unavailable from stock.

The Child Purchase Request form is opened via a child form button in a table in the Equipement Request form. It is in a table as each Equipment Request form could possibly have many pieces of equipment requested and therefore many PRs associated with it.

I want to be able to write the Form ID Number, not instance ID, back into this table once the form PR form has been submitted to allow us a view of which piece of equipment has which PR. Problem I’m having is that the form ID is 0 at the stage I’m trying to retrieve it.

Does anyone have an idea if this can be done?

Thanks,

Michael.

ijobling
    Participant

The Instance number is only created as the form is first submitted which is why you are seeing it as 0.

But look at the properties of the Submit data script event so on the ‘child form’ you may be able to run a submit AND re-open same instance (maybe you can do this on the ‘when form is opened’ within a condition so it only does this the first time the child form is opened for a ‘dummy’ first stage you can set up) and so before the user actually gets to use the form it has already been submitted and then an instance number has also been created so you can use it

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.